Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Dinomight

As you may know, when it comes to Christmas decor, I'm a big believer in following the spirit of the nativity rather than the letter of tradition.


Hence my nativity has dinosaurs.





I could claim that this is a statement of solidarity with my American Christian counterparts, or at least the ones who live in rural areas, homeschool children named Jeremiah and Hepzibah and assert that Jesus had a pet velociraptor. But we all know it's just because I'm contrary and I had a bunch of plastic dinosaurs sitting around.


The tyrannosaurus is a new addition, and it wasn't until I looked at him closely that I realised just how awesome he is.





He looks like he's throwing up his hands in rueful resignation. Like, "Women, eh? You can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. But what are you gonna do?"


Who knew that Tyrannosaurus Rex was the evolutionary starting point for Rodney Dangerfield? Although now that you think about it, it makes sense, doesn't it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home