Thursday, May 16, 2013

Off

When the opportunity came up recently for me to go to Bali, I decided to take it. This came as a surprise to some people who know me well, since I am not really a tropics kinda guy. Normally, I'd much rather stomp about in the snow than broil on a beach. But it seemed like a good idea to step outside my normal choices and try something a bit different.


And let's face it, it's Bali. It's different for me, but it's not exactly unprecedented for the average Australian.


The funny thing is that whenever I tell people I'm going to Bali, I get one of two responses:


1. You? In Bali? In the hot, humid, bogan-infested island to our north? That's... unexpected.


2. You're going to Bali? Awesome! Just remember that you can't drink the water. And don't eat fruit or vegetables that might have been washed in the water. And don't drink at the bars because they might put methanol in the cocktails. And watch out for the bats and dogs, because they have rabies over there. So as long as you don't eat, drink or go near any mammals, you'll have a ball!


So, that's where I'll be for the next few days. Unless I die of heat stroke, giardia infection, methanol poisoning, rabies or bogan-related shock.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Troy G said...

I'll take what's behind response number 1, Blanders.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home