Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Homely

On my final day in Copenhagen there was packing to do and transport to organise, so there was only a brief amount of time to run out into the city and revisit the most important place in Copenhagen:





Then it was off to the airport for the painfully long flight back to Australia. I was dreading it. Worst of all, the only way to fortify ourselves for the 24+ hour flight was with wretched American coffee.





The Admiral and I were both sad to leave the cool, stylish surroundings of Copenhagen. Even the airport is a bastion of designer minimalism, full of wood panelling and soaring glass walls. But we were both needed back home, me to return to my job, and him to warn people about traps.








The trip back was a lot more pleasant than the trip over, largely because I didn’t have anyone sitting next to me for the two longest legs, and I actually got a couple of hours of sleep between Amsterdam and Singapore.


It also helped that my final leg was with Singapore Airlines. One of their stewardesses leapt at the chance to demonstrate her bartending skills and made me a fine pre-dinner Singapore Sling. Then I had a reasonable little shiraz with dinner, and a fat glass of cognac after dinner. And I don’t really remember much after that.


I’ve got to fly with classy airlines more often.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home