Friday, April 08, 2011

Robbin'

It only took me a couple of weeks to buy a new scooter, but what with the excitement of AndressFest '11 and everything, I haven't mentioned it till now.


The new scooter is a couple of years older than the old scooter, but had done exactly the same number of kilometres when I bought it. It hasn't been maintained to quite the same loving standard, but it's lived most of its life undercover and it runs reliably, and frankly it was the nicest example I could find within the very limited number for sale in this city. Of course the man selling it lived at the other end of the freeway from my house, so once I'd bought it, it took me more than a hour to ride it home, sputtering along the back roads at a maximum speed of 65kph.


After I bought some new riding gloves and sunglasses, and a top of the range bike lock, I'm pretty much back to where I was before the old scooter was stolen.


Two other things worth noting about the new scooter are that it's a sexier colour (a Manly Black, rather than the Ladyboy Yellow of the old scooter), and it also came with a decal that the previous owner applied. Primarily, he told me, to annoy his teenaged daughter.





I don't think that I'll convince anyone that Batman chose a 50cc Piaggio to be his new Batbike. Still, it's possible that the Global Financial Crisis might have hit Wayne Industries in a very big way. Sing along, everybody! "Na-na na-na na-na na-na cut-backs!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home