Monday, December 20, 2010

Blackmail

I was browsing in a CD store on Friday night and I came across this. The price was steep, but there was never any serious question of me not buying it. I honestly don't think I had any choice in the matter.





Two CDs of classic blaxploitation movie music, including Curtis Mayfield's 'Pusherman', Isaac Hayes' 'Shaft'... and the theme from 'Blacula'. As if that wasn't enough, it also came with a book about the black action genre, and had a picture of Pam Grier on the cover that seemed to say, "Buy this CD or I'll kick your ass."


You can see why I was powerless before it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Troy G said...

An argument for determinism if there ever was one.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Emma said...

My goodness, that is your perfect CD, you would have betrayed yourself had you not bought it. Have you been loving listening to it, has it lived up to your hopes?

8:43 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

It is all I dreamed it could be and more. I played it on my computer and it deleted all of the malware on my hard drive. I let a blind child listen to it, and her sight was restored. I played it to a dead cat I found by the side of the road, and it came back to life.

So the answer to the question "Can you dig it?" is clearly "I can and I do!"

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Emma said...

Yup, that all makes sense. It must be mighty fine! Luckily for the cat.
Looking forward to hearing the story of your eventual future scooter purchase, I am sure there is one out there just waiting for you to be its new owner. Still feeling very sad for you, that post about your stolen scooter aches with loss. I know some people might say, oh it was just a scooter, but you write very eloquently about the place it had in your life.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home