Monday, November 15, 2010

Ideas

The second Serendipity Dinner for 2010 was the smallest one yet with only four people. I put this down to the fact that I smell. But at least the other three of those four people were delightful, and smelled like new mown grass and summer rain.


On the menu was a salad of honey roasted pumpkin, spinach and pine nuts for entree, penne in creamy blue cheese sauce with black olives and asparagus for main, and a very crowd-pleasing hazelnut cake with a filling of mashed strawberries and cherry brandy for dessert.


Unfortunately now I have to come up with something similarly crowd-pleasing for next Friday's dinner. I will go to the supermarket and see what speaks to me. Last time it was a bottle of drain cleaner, and it told me to kill the President, which while tempting wasn't all that helpful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous MaxK said...

Oh, Blandywise!

PK and I would have loved to have come along (if only you didn't live in Egypt)!

If you ever do one in Sydney, let us know.

xox, mk

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Troy G said...

Of course you smell - that's why you have a nose.

Incidentally, the sense a person is most likely to lose if struck by lightning is their olfactory sense. This also means they lose their ability to taste.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

I will roast a camel in your honour, MaxK.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home