Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Striking

Lately I've been feeling in a bit of a rut on the interior design front. Then a couple of days ago, with a sudden and frankly unprecendented burst of motivation, I decided to do something a bit more creative with my rusted out vintage pedal car.





So instead of just sitting on the floor in the living room, being an overwhelming and tetanus-filled temptation for any passing toddler, it's now a piece of wall sculpture. Hanging between two of my 1960s exploitation movie posters, it looks rather striking.


Of course if I ever move my bed back to that wall it'll have to come down. Some people may be happy to sleep under 11.4kgs of rusty steel hanging off a single small screw, but I am not one of them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Tara said...

Looks good. I've been thinking about hanging a whole lot of frames on our bedroom wall... though I am even a little worried about something that simple.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Looks nice there. Although I do wonder what the feng shui implications are ...

2:27 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Had to de-lurk and say how much I adore this.

If only I could get my grubby paws on something similar I have quite the perfect spot (which is currently despoiled by timetables and to-do lists).

Not sure that I'm entirely feeling the rack below though ...

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha!! that's a good idea! I know what to do now with my son's pedal car when he'll be too big for it! =D

I just got it for him on http://voituresapedales.com/ it's a cool little metal pedal car!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home