Monday, June 28, 2010

Eureka!

Me: If you've got time and you're near a supermarket tomorrow, could you get a couple of new lightbulbs for the kitchen?


The Flatmate: What's happened to the old ones?


Me: What do you mean, what happened? Your girlfriend went into the kitchen, she flicked the switch and one of them blew.


The Flatmate: She didn't mention it.


Me: Of course she didn't mention it - you were standing next to her at the time!


The Flatmate: Really?


Me: Yes!


The Flatmate: I don't notice these things. And I doubt I'll remember to get new lightbulbs. In fact I'll probably deny this conversation ever took place.


Me: Whatever. I'll leave the old bulb on the kitchen counter so you know what size and wattage it is.


The Flatmate: I still probably won't notice.


Me: How about if I add neon-coloured arrows pointing at it?


The Flatmate: That might help. But I wouldn't count on it.


Hence, later that evening...








The amazing thing is that it actually worked.

2 Comments:

Blogger xerxes said...

As decor those arrows aren't up to the job, you need an entire cloth for that [negative and judgmental adjective deleted] table.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

That's not a table, that's my faux-granite kitchen counter. And the arrows were a spur of the moment creation - next time I'll be sure to consult with a graphic designer to make sure my arrows are all that they can be.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home