Thursday, December 18, 2008

Swinging

Well, The Flatmate’s Scaly Mates have mostly gone. The only remaining one now is staying with friends on the opposite side of the city, and she’s not particularly scaly, so it feels as if it’s all over. As I mentioned in my last post I’m going to miss having them around.


You might wonder why I feel this way, given that they were only here for three weeks, and spent a week of that traveling outside the city. This conversation I had with The Flatmate on Sunday may go some way to explaining it:


The Flatmate: Thanks for letting my Scaly Mates stay, especially after TFSM1 only gave us four days’ warning that he was coming. He tends to be a little spontaneous.

Me: Are you kidding? I love having TFSM1 around!

The Flatmate: That’s good.

Me: Every day is like getting a friendly monkey for Christmas!

The Flatmate: (unable to speak for several seconds because of the laughter).

Me: Er… I hope that doesn’t sound rude.

The Flatmate: Actually I think you’ve captured his appeal pretty well.


If only we could have trained him to hurl his scat at the neighbours. Oh well, next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home