Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Inviting

The Flatmate has been on my case about entertaining more. Apparently he doesn't think that inviting the same few friends over on a Friday night to guzzle cocktails while watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 is enough. He seems determined to crowbar me out of my hosting rut and expand my hospitality repertoire.


So I've thought laterally about what I can do (ie taken MST3K out of the equation, painful though that was), and I've decided to host a blogmeet dinner this Friday night. It will be open to all Get On The Blandwagon! readers: commenters, lurkers, meatspace friends or creepy strangers.


The blogmeet dinner has a range of benefits. I get to meet you, and you get to meet me... I should preemptively warn you that the photo in my profile is a little out of date and I've changed species since it was taken. You can also meet The Flatmate, see my various follies firsthand, and experience the full and awesome might of Blandwagial culinary skill (my garlic and saccharine cupcakes are justly renown).


If you are going to be in Perth this Friday night and you would like to attend, email me at yevadwerdna (at) hotmail (dot) com for details. Significant Others and any children that you can't seem to shake are also welcome.


Now I'm off to the butcher to pre-order the tripe.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It can be a wiki-do. (Wiki - pages on the internet that people can, within limits, alter.) I suppose commenting on a blog falls into the outer limits of that.

With a wiki-do you could create a wiki-tiki S/he/it can be our mascot? At least idealogically.

I'll shut up now. Apart from saying that I shall be there - and Blanders' aperitifs and assorted comestibles are very much his oeuvre - apart from acerbic comments and sense of style.

12:07 PM  
Blogger FletcherDodge said...

Mmmm. Bad timing, friend. I would be there were it not for a previous engagement that I simply can't back out on.

Perhaps next time.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

I'm disappointed, emawkc, but I realise that Kansas needs you. It's a shame you won't get to try my Tripe Surprise*.

* people ask me what the Surprise is in my Tripe Surprise. I tell them, hey, I'm serving tripe: how much more of a surprise do you need?

11:39 PM  
Blogger an9ie said...

I'm looking forward to the food and company, both of which will be of a very high standard, I'm sure :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

Geez, way to raise the expectations, An9ie! Now I have to go buy the fancy tomato sauce, and glean some sparkling bon mots from a better class of Christmas cracker!

It's a good thing I found that half a bottle of butterscotch schnapps next to the railway line, or we wouldn't be able to have really classy aperitifs.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home