Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Targets

My friend BA, with whom I had lunch today, noted my blogging has dried up after an initial burst about two weeks ago.


What can I say? I am functioning at holiday speed. It’s like unemployment speed, only with more money and less despair. Suddenly an entire day can be taken up with a single task which, under normal circumstances, would take half an hour.


Take today. I woke late, then meandered down to a local café to read the newspaper over a couple of cups of coffee. When I got home I decided to wash the scooter (not a euphemism), then walked over to BA’s work for our lunch date. When I got home, I watered my plants, tidied the house and played computer games until dinner, then went over to a friend’s place to watch MST3K. When I got home I watched another DVD and ate chocolate cake, then checked my emails and wrote this.


The previous day was even more aimless – my most significant achievement was buying the New Yorker.


I sort of wish I could get more done, but sometimes it’s just nice to loaf.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loafing is always good

8:54 PM  
Blogger TimT said...

Is it just me, or is the New Yorker becoming increasingly less interesting lately?

All these worthy pieces of investigative journalism they're doing about the Chinese Olympics or election candidates bore me to tears. I just buy it for the funny shit and the criticism - which is in short supply, at the moment.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home