Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Dawn

Blogging may be less coherent than usual over the next few weeks as I'm on holiday. My plans are very flexible. I may do dramatic and outrageous things, or I may spend my days lying on the couch in my pyjamas watching 'Oprah' and drooling vacantly into the couch cushions. Only time will tell.


Thanks to the election on Saturday and my church duties on Sunday, yesterday was my first real day of holidays, and I had big plans for fun and frolics. My body, however, had other ideas. I woke up on Monday morning feeling as if someone had delicately balanced the Chrysler Building on my forehead. It was uncommonly painful, and after I'd had a shower and changed into some new clothes, I surrendered and crawled back into bed.


And there I stayed. I got up for maybe an hour in the middle of the day, and for almost exactly three hours in the evening to have dinner and watch 'Top Gear' with The Flatmate. The rest of the time I was not just in bed, but asleep. I slept all Sunday night, then almost all of Monday, then all of Monday night. I'd thought that, having slept all day, I'd be lying in bed wide awake at 2am, but I wasn't. I did wake every hour or two, just long enough to groggily push some thought processes around for five or ten minutes, but I always went dropped back into sleep.


What the hell was wrong with me? In the spirit of scientific enquiry, albeit yawning, befuddled scientific enquiry, I ran down the list of possible causes but was unable to come up with anything that adequate matched both the pain and the snoring. Maybe my body needed a break more than I thought it did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home