Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Appropriate

Some friends of mine have just returned from Melbourne, and while they were there they saw something in a shop that reminded them so strongly of me that they just had to buy it. Then they gave it to me, which is sort of odd if you think about it, since I don't usually need to be reminded of me. I'm reminded of me quite often enough without the need for souvenirs or mementos.


Fortunately the thing that so reminded them of me was quite cool; a little model scooter. I don't mind people seeing cool things and being reminded of me. I figure it's only when they come up to me and say, "I saw a cheap piece of crap yesterday and thought immediately of you" that I have to start worrying.


It turns out the scooter is the perfect scale for Beatnik Hipster Dad, my groovy IKEA father doll with the hipster goatee, retro black-framed glasses and white designer sneakers. As I've said before, you just know he's an architect, listens to vintage Bessie Smith jazz records, and speaks perfect idiomatic English with a cool Swedish accent.





It's not enough that Beatnik Hipster Dad has better hair than me, now he also has a bitchin' ride. Bastard!


Well, at least it makes him happy.



1 Comments:

Blogger an9ie said...

A perfect match indeed - for a few seconds I thought the two came together as a set!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home