Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Do


Yesterday I made a list entitled "Things To Do That Need To Be Done", because I needed such a list. Lately I've been spending too much time moping around the house with my own particular brand of Severe Depressive Inertia, and I'm hoping that formalising all of my half-developed household projects and long-neglected chores will help to a) lift me out of it and b) get things done.


The list has 25 items so far, ranging from the excruciatingly demanding (Item 9 - go through all the rigmarole of getting bespoke couches made) to the practically effortless (Item 13 - clean the drain in the laundry). I got to it last night and did the single easiest thing on the list: Item 16 - take the painting that's been leaning against the wall in the bedroom for the last six months and find a proper place to store it. It took less than ten minutes and didn't appreciably improve either the look of my bedroom or my mood, but at least it was a start.

1 Comments:

Blogger an9ie said...

Sometimes the most satisfying part of the whole rigmarole is just making the list in the first place.

For an extra feeling of fulfillment, write "Make a to-do list" at the top of the list, scratch it out when done, and then leave the list to gather dust on the fridge. Woo!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home