Thursday, October 26, 2006

Spun

From a conversation this afternoon:


Sorry I'm late. I was on the phone to one of the department heads, and in my job you often need to orient the things you say to those higher up the food chain.

You mean lie.

No, not lie. Just... er... spin.

That's just a glamorous word for lying.

No it isn't. Spin is simply an improved truth.

An improved truth?

Yes. Just like the truth... but with little flakes of chocolate sprinkled on top.

Uh-huh.

Hey, that's a good one. I'll have to put that in my blog.

If you say so.

Hmmm... little flakes of chocolate...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Blanders, I believe the quote you wanted to remember was "seasoning the truth with chocolate sprinkles of omission"...

And also the definition of a pessimist: "The glass is TOO full!"

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home