Friday, April 28, 2006

Elsewhere

It must be the time of year. I keep getting these weird Proustian flashes when I've walking down the street. Maybe it's the increasing chill in the air, or the waning light, or the smells aroused from the pavement by the recent rains. I keep getting reminded of other cities, be they Melbourne, Sydney, Geneva or London. For a split second I have a sense of these other places, before the breeze shifts or a Transperth bus rumbles past, and I'm jerked back to reality.


Maybe it's just because it's getting colder, and I associate being cold with being away from home. If I'm walking along trying to burrow deeper into my coat, and watching my breath mist out into the darkness, then it just stands to reason that I can't possibly be in Perth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home