Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Conversation

If I fax some information through to you, can you pass it on to your boss?


Absolutely. Send it through and I will make sure it gets to her. Perhaps I will even summarise it for her through the medium of interpretive dance.


Er, okay, if you really want to.


I do what I have to do.


I didn't know your job required interpretive dance skills.


Yep. It's in the position description, right between "Must be a team player" and "Must possess advanced computer skills": "Must be able to express higher administrative issues through interpretive dance."


Well lucky for you you're good at interpretive dance.


Actually I'm not. But I stumble my way though it. Fortunately for me, it's not a very common skill set.


That must be a handy bargaining chip when Performance Review time comes around.


Yes it is. Although I do sometimes wake up in the night, gripped with the fear that somewhere Mikhail Baryshnikov is looking over my position description and thinking, "Hmmm, this does look interesting..."

2 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

:::applause:::

12:04 AM  
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Bravo!

I like to use semaphore, but to each his own.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home