Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Indecent

I realise that I do a lot of moaning and snarking in this blog, so I occasionally like to leaven all that negativity with something unabashedly positive.


So, on the weekend I went to the greengrocer's, and I found them selling sweet, juicy, fragrant mangoes for less than a dollar each. Naturally I bought seven. When I got them home I left them on the kitchen bench for a few hours, and soon the whole house was filled with their wonderful, sultry scent.


Since then I've been having one each evening after dinner. I slice off the sides with a sharp knife, then score them and push them inside out, so that the amber-golden flesh pops up in perfect little cubes. They are so tender and ripe that all it takes to separate the flesh from the skin is the tip of my tongue.


Then follows MANGO BLISS!


I can see why people get so worked up about them.

2 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

Sounds great. Don't tell anyone, but I don't think I have had a mango in my whole life... How do you know when they're ripe?

1:32 AM  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

Yeap, I live in California and have never had a mango. I've only been here a few years.

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home