Monday, January 16, 2006

Election

Get On The Blandwagon! has been nominated for the 2006 Australian Blog Awards (Western Australian subcatagory). I've checked out the competition, and I think I can take 'em... especially since at least two of them have been discontinued. Go now and vote for me! If I do not have the approval of anonymous strangers then I have NOTHING!


My most serious rivals are Karen Cheng and Yobbo, both of whom write better than me and have more interesting things to say. This could be a problem, but not an insurmountable one. I am currently placing landmines outside the former's house, and posting the latter a selection of PETA commercials in the hope of causing his brain to explode. That should even up the old playing field.


But even if I don't win, I can rest comfortably in the knowledge that if there was a subcatagory for Best Blog Featuring Reviews Of Ten Year Old Cult TV Shows That Almost No One In This Country Has Seen, I'd be a shoe-in.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cookster said...

Jeeze Bland, I know I've only just landed, but you could have at least given me some kind of mention... maybe the least likely to win category???

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I nominated you for the original Bloggies. By the way, writing better than you is impossible (my weblog being the proverbial exception that confirms the rule, but then again I'm not an Australian, nor do I aspire to be one).

12:10 AM  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Good for you Blandy - well done son.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Cookster said...

Good luck Bland - I've added a post to my blog encouraging people to put your name in the hat, so hope it helps!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home