Thursday, October 27, 2005

Huh?

Questions Raised by Taking Public Transport Again After a Six Month Absence


When did every single human being in this city get an iPod?


What's this SmartRider box thing next to the entry and exit doors? Since I don't know am I, by implication, a StupidRider? And where's the confusing grey box for that?


How did the plastic handrail in front of my seat become sticky?


Why are they offering Seniors a week of free bus travel? Did someone at Transperth really stand up in a planning meeting and say, "You know what our buses need more of? Old people!"


Did I really just have to leave home half an hour earlier than normal in order to arrive at work ten minutes later than normal?


Is there anything more inane than the half of a mobile phone conversation that consists of one teenaged girl squawking "Oh my Gooooooord" at three to four second intervals?


What possessed Lindemans Wines to advertise extensively on the sides of bus shelters? Are they trying to appeal to the Discerning Hobo demographic?



and, most pressingly, as we sailed past my motorbike repair shop...


Why is my scooter parked outside with a SOLD sticker slapped on it?

3 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

Funny stuff!

Except for the bit about your scooter being for sale, that's not funny. Let us know what happens with that!

11:35 PM  
Blogger John said...

When I used to take the bus a lot, about 10 years ago, there were a LOT of crazy people who also took the bus. The drunken Scotsman who would abuse everyone, the madman who would sit behind the driver and deliver a running commentary on his performance, the lady dressed as a singin' cowgirl replete with a guitar she would never actually play ...

And now; all gone. I kind of miss them, and then again in a very real sense, I don't.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

Gee, I wish I'd seen the Patsy Cline tribute lady. All I ever had was the man I called Captain Blubber, who spent his time chatting up dainty, terrified Asian girls and farting like an elderly dog.

Ah, memories.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home