Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Selfless

Callooh! Callay! My MST3K DVDs arrived last night, and I celebrated with my friends by watching Godzilla V. Megalon ("directed by Ingmar Bergman!" as Crow noted). Now I know how heroin addicts feel when they get their first hit after a prolonged wait.


Interestingly, these DVDs are presented by the "MST3K Digital Archive Project", a group of selfless individuals who create copies of old episodes and distribute them so that, even if Minnesota vanishes in a nuclear holocaust, the precious record of grown men with puppets making fun of bad movies will survive. So I'm not really involved in video piracy - I'm part of a vital archival movement! I'm so selfless it hurts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jesster said...

If Minnesota vanishes in a nuclear holocaust, can I crash at your place?

3:32 AM  
Blogger Eric B. said...

A better question: If Minnesota vanishes in a nuclear holocaust in a forest, and no one is there to hear it, would anyone care?

How much did you drop for that set?

5:06 AM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

Okay, Jesster can have the spare room, since she asked first. Phaedrus can have the couch. I'll preeptively offer the Lileks family the garage. Moocow can curl up under my desk in the study. And I still have room in the laundry basket if anyone wants to put dibs on it.

I must warn you, however, that if the terrorists get far enough down their list of muclear targets to hit Minnesota, Western Australia is probably not far behind.

The DVDs cost just over $40 Australian - which is something like $30 American - and I still had to make my own covers. Dang it.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home