Thursday, June 02, 2005

Arty (redux)

I went back to Gregson's yesterday to attend the art auction. The interesting watercolour I'd admired on Saturday came up, and just as I'd suspected nobody else wanted it, so I put in a bid of $150 and won.


T curran watercolour



I was feeling so chuffed with my canny art-buying ability that when another watercolour came up for a similar sum, I bought that too, even though it was the first time I'd seen it and it was twenty metres away on the other side of the auction room. Fortunately for me it turned out to be simple but lovely, and well worth my $160 bid.


ian wroth landscape



So all up, two original watercolours for just over $350, including buyer's premium and a credit card surcharge. My parents got their Elizabeth Durack, so they're happy. All is right with the world.


Plus I also now know how to use Flickr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home